Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Off the record

This isn't a usual blog entry for me. Yesterday I got my so called pink slip from ROWVA. That is I had to sign a paper that I understood that they were RIFFING me. Today there was a pink slip in the mail for the official letter and another letter that said the same thing that I signed yesterday. Three ZAPS in less that two days. (I knew they were coming but it's one thing to know and another to have it in hand) One was bad enough. I'm really not sure why my signature yesterday wasn't good enough. I know that we, members of the union, were suppose to show up at the board meeting on Monday but why would I want to pour hot wax on something that was already burnt. Sitting there and hearing them read off my name and many of my friends who will not have a job in the fall. It is hard to believe that we live in a state that doesn't see the impact that these educational cuts will have on our children in the future. I am not pleading for my job
(well I guess I am) but for our kids. The state legislature members are worried about being reelected in the fall if they instate an income tax but I think they should be worried about being reelected if they don't do something about the cuts that they are instituting. It's time to stop blaming the other guy and insure that our kids have a chance at the best future that they can possibly imagine. I think there is a SOS (Save Our School) trip on the 24th of April if you are interested look into it. (there is a poster on the bulletin board by the copy machine)

No comments:

Post a Comment