Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Flower Guest House

Addis means New Flower. When we walked in the door, I whispered to Gretchen. I Want To Go Home. That was because of the car ride. We got all our baggage in and G and B had one room downstairs and I had the one across the hall. There was a bathroom in between. The toilet flushes with a button on the tank, not much water, europian style. The guest house was really nice just plainly furnished. Three bedrooms downstairs, one was the managers. The living room and dining room were together, with kind of a kitchen behind the counter. Hot plate, microwave and sink. The refrigerator was in another building. G and I played Phase 10, she won of course, even in Ethiopia I can't win at cards. We visited with Yonatan after he got there. Gretchen thought maybe he walked back from the Hilton, but he took a cab. Little blue and white cars, there must be a 1000 of them. Yonatan says they are cheep. I got a little mixed up on my last post. The airport was near our guest house but the Hilton wasn't. So it was a long car ride in rush hour traffic. The beginning of my journal is a little sketchy, I get better as I go along. We decided to go to bed. Of course I was dead tired but couldn't go to sleep. So I read a couple of chapters in my book and realized I had already read that book. I left it there in hopes that someone else would enjoy it. Even with a sleeping pill I woke up in the middle of the night to Dogs howling, Cats yowling and someone crying/screaming. I realized it was Gretchen across the hall having a panic attack. She told me about it the next day. Bill got her calmed down. I thought about going over there but then I decided that if he needed me he would come and get me. I woke up at about 7 and got dressed. Yonatan had tried to wake up G and B, no luck. So I went and got them up. Bill had breakfast of eggs, bread and coffee. Gretchen decided on a protein bar and I had a pop tart. ( smashed pop tart that is, the

No comments:

Post a Comment